ATTENTION

This blog is no longer used. If you would like to continue reading/seeing my blog, please visit:

www.dancingthroughya.wordpress.com


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Road Trip Wednesday: Sayin' It Loud

Welcome to our 114th Road Trip Wednesday!
Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.
We'd love for you to participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link - or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments.
This Week's Topic:  
Write a dialogue between two of your favorite YA characters
 


For this week's RTW I decided to write a dialogue between the two Sophies -- a Sophia and a Sophie. Yes, you heard that right. Two of my all-time favorite characters are both named Sophie. (Sophia's relatives call her Sophie sometimes).

Sophie is from Red Glass by Laura Resau:
and Sophia is from A Brief History of Montmaray and The FitzOsbornes In Exile by Michelle Cooper

Alright, THE CONVERSATION.
(Please note Sophia is actually from  a historical fiction novel.)

Sophia: So tell me about yourself. It's nice to meet other Sophies and Sophias besides Sophia of Hanover.
Sophie: ...Uh, who?
Sophia: Some princess my cousin Veronica is related to.
Sophie: She must be nice.
Sophia: She is a princess.
Sophie: Man, nice. I just live in New Mexico with my mom, aunt, and my mom's boyfriend. Not too many princesses in New Mexico.
Sophia: I live with my Aunt Charlotte, my brother Toby, my sister Henry, and my cousin Veronica and my.....cousin Simon, and our dog Carlos...and Phoebe the maid and the servants.
Sophie: Lotta people. It's just me, my mom, and my aunt Dika but we used to foster a Spanish boy.
Sophia: Like in the war in Gurnica? Where the Germans fired?
Sophie: Yeah, from history class.
Sophia: Ahh. We helped a group of Basque refugees from the war for a while, but they ended up moving to the US with their relatives.
Sophie: Sweet. 
Sophia: I'm sorry, but I have to get ready for the ball. Phoebe needs to help me, darling thing.
Sophie: I understand. Pablo just called.




This was an awesome RTW! Go to yahighway.com to submit yours. Leave links to yours in the comments and I'll try and check your RTW out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment